Defense companies strive to get a performance edge that can translate into higher probability of mission success. Short lead time on critical components is also a critical success factor.
Amaero International Limited (ASX:3DA) assists defense companies with our world-class R&D capability and expertise in 3D metal printing to provide manufacturing productivity improvements that include:
- On-demand replacement for existing machinery
- Increased speed and reliability of quality assurance and validation processes
- Rapid prototyping to provide a dynamic, design-driven process
- Reduced manufacturing lead times and increased productivity of critical components
- Reduced component weights through innovative geometries and new patented materials
- Stronger components with increased shear and tensile strength
- Low volume production parts
- Reduced development costs
- Bridge production tools
- Replacement inserts for high wear areas
With our integrated research, design, prototyping, manufacturing and machine sales services, we help our defense customers increase manufacturing efficiency and precision while minimizing wastage of raw materials, energy and cost of production.
Our Defense Services
Our team has expertise in metallurgy and materials science that enables products to be manufactured with superior performance and durability, which is essential for defense applications. In addition to our metallurgy expertise, our team has in-depth knowledge in the design of components for defense platforms.
With three manufacturing facilities, access to two leading research Universities, a robust supply chain, and proven expertise in product design and file optimisation, Amaero's unique full-service offering includes:
Read more about our services
- Exclusive supply of market-leading machine & ancillary equipment
- Training, support and maintenance
- Patented Metal Alloys
Why Partner with Us?
Amaero’s team has experience in working with defense contractors in Australia, USA and Europe on a range of Air, Naval and Ground Forces applications. Some of these projects were subject to ITAR, EAR and export controlled information.
We offer a range of capabilities and services to our defense customers, such as:
- Exclusive North American distribution agreement to sell the safest and most cost competitive metal 3D printing equipment available (Amaero SP series)
- The first company to 3D print flying parts in the hot part of the turbine engines in defense aircraft
- The first company in the world to metal 3D print a working Aerospike rocket engine
- Committed to delivering quality focused on safety, reliability and meeting aerospace regulatory compliance under our AS 9100D certified quality management system
- Partnerships with world-class additive manufacturing research universities including Monash University (MCAM) and University of Adelaide to provide access to world class non-destructive testing facilities to assure product integrity and reduced qualification lead time
- Exclusive rights to patented high performance Beta Ti alloy developed by MCAM that is a new heat-treatable high strength titanium alloy that has a higher fatigue strength and fivefold increase in fatigue life compared to Ti64 and Beta-C Ti
- Exclusive rights to patented high operating temperature aluminum alloy developed by MCAM that has superior strength and durability at high operating temperatures
- Offering certified training through our partnership with Monash University
Our World Class Partners
When you partner with us, you will experience our unique full end-to-end service approach to metal additive manufacturing.